So 2014 is here and I saw it in with the exact same 3 people that I did last year, shortly followed by going to bed. In all honesty I find NYE a little overrated and if it wasn’t for seeing the year in with my partner, I’d likely just head to bed before midnight.
Anyway I’ve been thinking a lot recently – not just about the new year but about life itself. Sounds pretty deep but mostly its just been about making myself and those around me happy. I’m not one for New Year Resolutions but I have decided to set myself a list of goals, hopefully to achieve over the next year.
– Post at least once a week, but preferably 2-3 times.
– Make more of an effort to advertise myself, to mingle on Social Media platforms and to make blog friends.
– Attend a blogger event. I’ve gotten close but never managed to actually do it as yet.
– To sort out the debt I’m in. While I won’t get into how much I have, I do intend to get on top of it and then also budget myself for the future.
– Save. I’ve seen a nice idea for saving a little every week. I think I might try it.
– Keep calmer and shout less. Now that I work I’m finding I cherish time with the kids far more than I did before. I need to try not to spend that time getting mad at them.
– Plan and go on a family holiday. I’d love to achieve Rome but we’ll have to see.
– Host at least one gathering every month. It’s usually murder mysteries but as they often require a lot of organising and spending, we only seem to do a maximum of 6 a year. Find something else to do in the other 6 months.
– I think realistically we’re all accepting the fact that we might not have this house ready to sell by summer. It may need another year here in Gainsborough. However this year I want to have the kitchen completely finished, the garden cleared and the hallway painted.
– Tidy and clean more. I’m really the only one in the house who wants to do it, everyone else just gets bullied into it. Even still, with so little storage I need to keep on top of cleaning and tidying more.
Health and Fitness:
– Get back on track with my diet. I was doing so well and then it really slipped in 2013. I want to obtain my goal weight of 10 stone and then maintain it.
– Find a healthy lifestyle to stick with permanently. Cook more balanced food and plan meals, hopefully to aid with budgeting too.
– Go swimming more. The kids love it and it would definitely help my fitness levels.
– Venture onto the Wii Fit. It’s realistically the only actual exercise I might do.
– Give up smoking. It’s not something I usually write about in a public place, but I’m determined to do it.
– Write some more of my novel. Preferably finish it. Big big ask. But doable.
– Take part in some form of creative writing competition.
– Find a way to work from home by either writing my book or starting a business from home. This year I have realised that being able to stay at home with my family is a top priority.
– Read more books. I don’t want to set myself an unrealistic target so for now I’m going to say 12. One for each month.
– Watch more movies. This one I will set at 52, one per week. Movies are often important family/couple time so to make an effort to sit down and watch something frequently will be nice.
So its a lot longer list than I first intended as I started to write it, however I think majority are achievable. As I finish this post I definitely find myself feeling a lot more positive about the things to come in 2014. I hope you’re looking forward to things to come too!