Happy February everyone!
I’m so glad its Saturday today! January has felt nothing but hectic, despite nothing especially important happening. Its really been a month of recovering from Christmas and returning to work – getting on top of finances and beginning to save. I have to admit that 2014 wasn’t off to an awful start with this January though, as its been a pretty good month.
At the beginning of January, I started my blog with 53 followers. Now on 1st February I have 160. I’m not trying to brag or anything, but I really just want to keep a record of it for my own knowledge. I’ve really been trying hard to post often, to promote my blog and to network. Its actually been lovely to feel like its becoming a proper hobby and to find & read some awesome new blogs.
January has also been the month of;
- being obsessed with Frozen. We saw it in December but have seen it again since and the soundtrack plays constantly in this household!
- finding out we were going to Florida next year! I’m seriously so excited that I don’t know how I’ll manage to get through a whole year before it happens!
- silly savings. I started a saving scheme whereby week 1 you save £1, week 2 you save £2, week 3 you save £3 and so on. I currently have £10 (£15 as of tomorrow) saved. By the end of the year I should have £1378 saved. I know it will get harder as the amounts get larger but I’m hoping to be down my debt a little more by then too, thus making it a little easier to save.
- trying to lose weight and failing. I haven’t given up completely but I’m just finding myself in a bit of a rut with weight loss right now. I’ll definitely try again soon but I think I need to be in a better mind set (certainly emotionally).
- Games Night! I promised myself to keep in touch with our regular group of friends more. This month we had a games night on Saturday 25th. We have another planned for Saturday 15th February (though I may be changing this, just to warn those friends who read this!).
- Reading, Writing and watching more Movies/TV. I don’t know if watching more TV is really a positive thing, but its meant more quality time with me and Chris, plus the whole family. Last night we even had a movie night again and it was lovely. I’ve signed up to a writing course, as I really fancy giving myself a project. I’m also happy to have reached my goal of reading one book in January. I started another but I’m just not getting through it. I’ll hopefully get it finished so I can start another to class as February’s read.
As for February, I’m looking forward to it a lot! Its a nice short month, which means time tends to fly and of course its also quicker till it reaches pay day again! Things I’m looking forward to in February are;
- Valentine’s Day! Alright its sort of sappy and lame (also my wedding anniversary to my ex, eek!) but I love red hearts and so it sort of draws me in! Chris is working (typical) but I will still enjoy spending it with the kids. In fact I’m thinking of buying Megan and Lily little gifts from the Disney Store (if I can find a discount code). Now I just wish someone would buy me one!
- The Pirate Fairy. Another Tinker Bell movie, but still, the kids will love it. Get’s released during February! Besides, Tom Hiddleston is the voice of Hook. The kids also want to see the Lego movie and Moshi Monsters movie, but I might wait till they are on the cheaper weekend morning showings.
- Amy is coming to visit! I’m slightly disappointed that the days she is coming are also Chris’ only days off that week (for both her sake and his, I would have liked to make the most of time with both of them) but its also been a long time since she came.
- Half term. I can’t tell you how much I’m looking forward to a week off with the kids. We don’t really have any plans for the week but I’m hoping to at least fill one day with something nice for them.
- Planning Lily’s birthday party. Luckily I don’t have too much to do as we’ve booked a venue for March 1st and they’ll be doing all the hard work. However I do have a cake to make, plus costumes to buy for Megan and Lily (they want to go as the Frozen sisters). I obviously also have presents to buy and organise for Lily’s birthday on 5th March.
- Sorting out my hair! That’s a today (or tomorrow) thing to be honest. I’m going to give all my ends a trim, maybe cut in a fringe again and finally get around to trying the new ombre red hair dye I bought.
- Snow!!! You know its coming… I can’t wait! Alright, I’ll be sick of it once it’s here but I’ll love it at least for the first day or two.
As well as all these things, I really want to continue getting to grips with blogging – finding some interesting things to actually post about, perhaps some reviews. I’m going to continue networking and hopefully meet a lot more interesting people along the way. I also need to get all my jewellery from Christmas Market listed on Etsy. It’s taking up valuable space in my cupboard under the stairs! Connected with that (space under the stairs that is) I also want to start working on the house again. Its getting frustrating feeling like things are going nowhere. I also want to continue working hard on my finances (debts and savings). Since we’re going to Florida next year its especially important to get on top of it all. Not to mention the fact I’d love to actually find a way to work from home and that’s a risk in itself when it comes to money.
What are you looking forward to when it comes to February?
|Little Reminder – My blogiversary giveaway is still open! Check it out!|