Next it was a case of ironing on the interfacing and sewing all the purple pieces together. Then doing the same for the black lining. After that the boning had to be attached to the lining pieces. Finally it was starting to take on a corset type shape.
Before officially sewing it all together, my mum pinned it all together. The part at the front was actually my mum’s idea too – a fake opening instead of an actual lace-up front. Once I was sure it all looked okay and was going to fit (we actually took it in about an inch on each side), we sewed it all up properly. I then had to edge it all, which I chose to do by hand to make it look neater.
When it was all finished, I was really pleased with the result. I added eyelets and ribbon, the corset was made and the outfit was complete. Well almost anyway… I’d ordered a necklace from Etsy, the perfect thing.
Finally, all that was left to do, was get rid of my blonde tips in my hair. I bought a cheap brown hair dye and within 30 or so minutes, my hair was all brown again. Not just that, but it was in great shiny condition!
And that was that. My outfit was complete and I wrote it to LFCC last weekend. I was really pleased with how it turned out and while I expect I won’t wear it again, I was really happy with the choice to be Vanessa.