It’s finally here, the Disney Competition that I mentioned last week! As of today, it’s 160 days until I go on holiday to Florida. In fact, in exactly 160 days, I’ll be waking up at a Travelodge somewhere near Heathrow, getting ready to travel on a plane for possibly the 14 most exciting days of my life!
To celebrate – and to say thank you to all my lovely followers – I wanted to host a competition that was something more than just a Rafflecopter lucky draw. As such, this is my Disney Fashion Competition.
The basic idea of the competition, is to make an image – a collection of clothing pieces and accessories – that represent a Disney Character. It doesn’t have to specifically be a princess, it can be any character – even an animal if you’d like. Make a sort of “mood board”, that represents your character. Here are some examples below, I have added source information to give credit to those who originally made them (as it wasn’t me).
Some great places to look are Disneybound and Polyvore but there are loads of ideas, just in Google’s image search. There are no real rules as to what you can and can’t add – it obviously has to consist of clothes, but the accessories are completely up to you. Also it should be really obvious which character you are trying to represent but if necessary please add a picture of the particular character and add their name to your image. Along with the picture itself, it would be great if you could link to the items you’re adding to the mood board – for example a link to the dress, the bracelet, the hair bow etc. I know this isn’t always possible so its not compulsory, but it would be nice for anyone looking to put together your outfit for themselves. There will also be bonus points for the cheaper the outfit – it’s all very well putting together an “every day” Disney outfit from High Street clothes, but if part of the outfit costs £1,000 – well then its not exactly every day.
So here are the official rules:
1. The competition is officially called “Journeys are my Diary – Disney Fashion Competition” and this should be mentioned within your entry post (or in the title), along with a link to this page on my blog.
2. You can only have one blog post as an entry (per blog), but each “mood board” will count as an individual entry and you can have as many of those within the same post. For example, making two posts is not acceptable, but making one post with ten entries in it, is fine. It would be great if you could link to each item you use in your “mood board” but its not essential. Keeping it low in price and every day, would always be a plus point.
3. Once you have made your entry and posted it to your blog, you should post the link on Twitter and include the hashtag #disneyfashioncomp – you should also post the link directly to me on Twitter, to @diaryjourneys.
4. The competition will run from Friday 24th October 2014 until Tuesday 2nd December 2014. The closing time will be midnight at the end of 2nd December and the winner(s) will be announced no later than Sunday 7th December 2014.
5. The winner(s) will be notified on both Twitter (the reason you need to tweet me your entry) and via a comment on your entry blog page. It is important that you claim your prize within a day or two of receiving notification, so that the prize can be posted prior to Christmas. If you are late notifying me of your name and address delays, the prize may be delayed until the New Year.
6. The competition will be judged by myself and my two daughters (who are also Disney crazy). The winner will receive £30 of Disney Store vouchers, which are valid until the beginning of October 2015. The runner up (or runners up, depending on what we decide) will receive Love2Shop vouchers in a value to be determined at the time of announcing the winner(s). Please note that this competition is 100% funded by me and I have bought all the vouchers out of my own pocket.
7. If you have any questions about this competition, you can contact me at any time. My email address is email@example.com and I will try to get back to you as soon as possible.
8. Due to the nature of the prize(s) (UK gift vouchers) this competition is only open to UK residents. However if anyone from other countries would like to enter, I would be happy to send a piece of Jewellery Ever After jewellery, to anyone judged to be a winner.
9. When the winner(s) are announced, I will link to every single entry from my blog – in order to give you a return link, for linking to me in your entry.
10. I have tried to be fair with all the rules to this competition but ultimately it is supposed to be fun and rewarding to my followers. I genuinely can’t wait to see what you all put together.