I feel like I’ve neglected my blog somewhat over the last couple of months and now that January has rolled around, I want to be motivated and post more again. My mind is bubbling with ideas for posts and I even have a few to catch up on from December. I’ve just ordered a new organiser to replace my Alice in Wonderland one from last year (sadly it’s not Disney but the layout is similar) and I’m ready to start 2016 feeling fresh and ready to go!
Normally I would look back on the resolutions I made last year and pick apart what I managed to do and what I failed at. However the truth is, I didn’t really manage many of my goals. There were plans with weight loss, with moving house, with money and to be truthful none of them really got anywhere. So instead for 2015 I want to just focus on the positive parts!
All in all, the year was a good one. I don’t remember many lows (though emotionally I’m sure I cried lots as that’s just the person I am!) but at the same time there were only a couple of highs. One of the major highs was the trip of a lifetime that we had to Florida in 2015. I honestly never though visiting Walt Disney World and Universal Studios would ever be a thing I got to do. However with the help of mum, the dream came true and for two wonderful weeks we enjoyed plenty of sunshine, Disney and Harry Potter.
Another awesome thing about about 2015 was finally setting up my own business so I can work from home. The idea sort of spun off from making the girls, Olivia and Amy all dresses to wear in Florida. It then spiraled into a working idea and Closet Geek was born in August. I’ve had so much fun getting started and more importantly having people like the things I make. I have high hopes for 2016 and hopefully this time next year I’ll be able to report that I’m still going strong!
Of course there are many other lovely things to note, so I will add them quickly too.
– The girls growing and changing including; Megan picking a secondary school for next year, Megan getting her ears pierced, both doing well in school plays, school reports, class assemblies, sports day etc., making a TARDIS with Lily for homework, going on both girls school trips with them, starting up their YouTube channel (Double The Geek).
– Trips away including; London, Disneyland Paris and Berwick.
– Cinema movies including; Big Hero 6, Cinderella, Tomorrowland, Pitch Perfect 2, Inside Out and Star Wars.
– Shows including; Disney on Ice, X-Factor Live, Phantom of the Opera, The Railway Children and Avenue Q.
– Randoms; experiencing a solar eclipse, losing a lot of weight pre-Florida, Chris passing his driving test, Cosplay and Comic Cons, writing and completing a murder mystery, collecting loads more beautiful Disney items – especially Mrs Potts, Lumiere and Cogsworth (along with many Tsum Tsums and Disney traditions), reading some great books, discovering some new places to eat, going to the Disney Cafe in Harrods and meeting Tim, plus so much more!
So that brings me onto the new year and boy do I have plans!
My blog – It’s going to take a backseat to many things in my life, but I don’t want to neglect it completely. I hope to post at least 3 times a week and I must remember to share my posts, connect on Twitter, gain more followers and follow more bloggers myself.
Money – This time last year my finances were in a mess and I had just quite my job. To be honest money is no better right this moment but I hope to work through my debt this year, especially now I’m able to work from home too. I’d love to save for a holiday but I know that moving house might take some finances too.
House – We must move this year. Megan starts secondary school in September and living in Gainsborough still is just not an option. Get the house sorted, decorated as best we can and on the market. Aim to move no later than Summer.
Weight – I’m so up and down and once Florida was no longer a motivation I’ve really struggled. I really want to try, I’m going to try. 10 stone is still my goal.
Family – Not working (especially at my last job) has made life so much more chill on the whole. I’m a nicer person and a better mum, even though we all still have bad days. I’d like to continue this, making time to teach the kids things they want help with (keyboard, recorder, bike riding etc) but also to make time for family dinners, movie nights, board games etc.
Friends – Our friendship group is so up in the air right now. Relationships have changed and the dynamics don’t seem the same. To be honest I don’t know what this year will bring for our board game nights or murder mysteries but I hope to at least see everyone, even its in slightly small groups.
I’m sure there are more things but these are my main pointers. As a family we all sat down and wrote our New Year Resolutions yesterday so I guess we’ll see how it turns out!
Like I said before, I have a few posts planned and towards the end of January I’d like to give my blog a re-jig. I hope that 2016 is a good year for us and of course I wish the same for all of my readers! Happy New Year!