Last year I gave up on my weekly round up posts during about October, having done them for all 2015 and all 2014 as well. Instead I’ve decided to try and tackle monthly updates instead!
Watching: The Fall (Season 1 & 2), Making a Murderer, Criminal Minds (Season 1-3), House (Season 1-6), Before I Go To Sleep, Thor 2, James and the Giant Peach.
Reading: An Abundance of Katherines, Disney After Dark (Kingdom Keepers)
Sewing & Making (for Closet Geek): As well as the usual; Young Lottie from The Princess and the Frog, Hiro from Big Hero 6, Marauders Map cushion, Valentine themed hair bows, mouse ears, scrunchies and bows on bobbles.And in other news…
– At the beginning of the month, we all wrote our New Year resolutions. We sealed them up to reveal on NYE, but I honestly don’t remember what half of them were already!
– We’ve been lucky enough to eat out a few times this month; once for breakfast at Mill Lodge, once at The Nosey Parker and again at Gateway Park.
– We finished decorating our bedroom on January 10th. This is about 6 months after we started!
– Booked to go to a Harry Potter convention in August.
– We had the first snow on 14th, but sadly it didn’t stick around. We’ve had a lot of cold weather this month but still no settled snow!
– Bought a new toaster for the kitchen. I’m gradually getting all red bits.
– Tried to diet and failed miserably. January has been a tough month, with motivation and with being busy. February is my start over, so we’ll see how it goes.
– I did something really crazy and paid a deposit to do Lincoln Christmas Market this year. It’s a 4 day event and god knows how I will manage to get stock ready for it, but I’m committed to doing it now! I also decided cancel another event I had paid a deposit on, realising it was going to make life too crazy.
So there you have it – the highlights of January.
Looking forward to:
– Valentine’s Day. For me it’s not so much about it being a romantic day, but showing love to my family. All four of us are planning a special day together, followed by a special meal.
– Amy coming to visit. Though I saw her briefly in December, it feels like a long time since we had a proper catch up! It will be nice to drink wine, probably order takeaway at least once and catch up.
– Walker Stalker. Chris and I have booked a one day ticket at London’s Walker Stalker and I’m really looking forward to it. Not so much for the con (though I hope to meet Norman Reedus) but also because we’ve booked one night in a nice hotel and it will be nice to spend time as a couple.
– Half Term. We don’t have any plans, other than Amy visiting and technically Walker Stalker falls into that week, but I love not having to get up and dressed, take the kids to school etc. I also really enjoy having the kids around the house.