Plaques have been around for at least a century. There are one of the most usable ways to identify buildings, monuments, gravestones and parks. Usually, these are done from shiny and durable metals like bronze or steel, but with modern technology, the materials’ list has widened to include plastic or rubber. Choosing the best plaque manufacturer and installer is a top priority if you want excellent quality. Here you have some things to consider:
Look for referrals
You should start off by asking your friends if they have requested a similar service. If that’s the case, and they were satisfied with the product, it means that you can trust that business. Hiring a plaque installer that you don’t know is always a bargain (this happens with any type of business), but with a referral you know that someone else already tested its services and you can, in the very least, trust in that fact. You’ll want to look for companies with a long standing reputation like Distinct Memorials – glasgow & edinburgh plaques.
Consider the years of experience
After you have gotten a referral, do your own research. Investigate the basics like services offered, prices, customer reviews but above all, business experience. Knowing the year that it was founded is crucial. That way you know if that business has sufficient experience. You should aim to hire a company that has at least 10 to 15 years of experience. You may not think that having experience is important but in the business world, experience is everything.
This category is always important when selecting any type of goods and/or services. Plaques usually cost a couple hundred dollars, but the costs tend to vary depending on the materials, the size, and the engravings you request. If you want the best, just know that it won’t be cheap. Nonetheless, there are many plaques that are affordable and the quality is still good.
The best plaque installers must be able to provide all sorts of plaque installations. Check if they can do most of the following:
- Keyhole installation: keyholes are excellent to mount plaques on flat surfaces. It is recommendable for interior or exterior walls made of brick or stones.
- T-30 screws installation: this uses 3-inch deck screws which are excellent to mount heavy plaques on walls. The structure of the screws makes it possible to penetrate any structure like metal, brick or wood.
- Stand-offs installation: this method is used on most irregular surfaces like grass or stone. With this, you can mount the plaque on a pad, and thereafter, it can be place anywhere.
- Ground stake installation: this way the plaque is displayed on a stake driven into the ground or simply embedded in concrete. This is a method that allows the mounting of plaques on different locations.
- Magnets installation: this uses industrial magnets in the back of the plaque to place on ferrous metals like iron or steel. This is an ideal method to place plaques on locations where you can simply open a hole.
Take into account all of these steps and you should be fine when selecting a good plaque installer.