So… a lot has been happening recently and as I’m sure you’ve noticed, I haven’t had much time to blog. After spending a week or so off work sick, I finally got back and with all schools, the last few weeks are always super busy. Luckily though I work in a private school – with longer holidays – and so term actually ended on Friday 5th and I only had one more day of work on the following Monday to clean down the kitchen and dining hall.
I originally started this post LAST weekend, feeling bad for not blogging, however its now been a week and a bit more since then and I still just haven’t found time to blog. I do hope to get back to a more regular schedule soon, but with renovating, decorating and soon moving, spare time is a little precious now.
So a brief update…
– We move house next week, on Monday. We have van booked, broadband and Sky being moved over, things are beginning to get packed.
– The new/old house – the one we’re moving to – is starting to come together slowly. After taking almost two months to get the loft room sorted, we quickly sped through the girls pink bedroom (though it will need re-doing well on a future date) and we’re now onto the lounge. Four huge holes plastered, coving and skirting board painted, we only have to paint the walls and then we’re done there too. Doubt we’ll get much more finished before we move next week but that’s okay.
– Current house doesn’t need the keys handing back till August 12th, but I’m hoping to get it all cleaned and tidied sooner, to hand the keys back and be done with it.
– Off work now until August 29th. Its awesome working school time only, but I unfortunately do have to go back a week before my kids do. Oh well!
– Hoping to go see Despicable Me 2 at the cinema on Friday. It was a toss up between that and Monsters University but on seeing a longer trailer for that now, I have to admit I’m not in a mad rush to see it.
– Related to the last point, had a lovely movie night with the girls and my partner a couple of weeks ago. We watched Monsters Inc. (in preparation for the new movie), ate popcorn, pizza, sweets and drank fizzy pop. We all ended up as blubbering messes by the end of it.
– Weather has been beautiful this last week or so. Had a nice Saturday in the park (Hartsholme Park) last weekend – not the one just gone, but the one before – with my brother, his kids, my mum, my kids and my bestie! Unfortunately other than that there hasn’t been much time to enjoy the weather and its actually quite a hindrance to decorating/moving.
– Finally, with the girls breaking up soon and end of term approaching, they’ve had their new classes sorted for next year and they are both pleased. Reports came out on Friday and both were glowing – I was so proud of them I let them pick anything they wanted from the Disney Store as a reward. Megan chose a soft Ariel toy, while Lily picked a Pocahontas ‘Barbie Style’ doll. However after Nanny offering a little more money as a reward, Lily ended up with two more Princes and Megan another Ariel variation. We’re waiting for them all to arrive in the next day or so!
I am keeping up with everyone’s blogs, but not really finding time to comment. Often I’m reading on my phone or even in a rush on my laptop. Hope everyone else is enjoying the summer, having a nice time even if you’re busy too and generally happy in life!