The lovely Aymie, over at Aymie Louise, recently nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award. I’m incredibly grateful for the nomination and hope that any of my lovely readers who fancy stealing this award will do so. I nominate you all! I know that’s cheating a little (you’ll see why when you read the rules) but genuinely I haven’t done a lot of “finding new bloggers” recently as I’ve just been so busy. I love all my Bloggy Buddies though so if you want the award – it’s yours!
Rules for the award:
– Thank the blogger who nominated you.
– Tell your readers seven facts about yourself.
– Nominate 15 bloggers that you have recently discovered.
Seven facts about me:
1. I am the oldest member of my social circle of friends, by quite some amount. Forgetting my partner Chris (who is 5 years younger than me) and my brother Chris (who is 3 years younger than me), majority of my friends are 8-9 years younger than I am. I very rarely feel the age gap though, despite the fact I often take the leader/organiser role in the group.
2. I currently have 56 friends on Facebook. These are mostly close friends and family, with the odd exception. I have no-one on my Facebook from Primary School, only three from High School, no-one from University and five mum’s from the girls’ school. Majority of my friendships were made with people I met online through a website called Deckleswood.
3. When it comes to book/movie adaptations, I have some pretty strong views. If I watch the movie first, I’m unlikely to ever read the book afterwards. If I see something I might like and think I’ll enjoy, I always make sure I read the book first, even if that means watching the movie a lot later than it’s released. This topic has even inspired a blog series on my sister blog – Twice the Mum. You can read it every Wednesday in our “From Page to Screen” series.
4. Still talking about books, I also never (or at least extremely rarely) re-read a book. Doesn’t matter how much I enjoyed it, or even if I own it, I never choose to re-visit a story. My thought is really similar to that of traveling – in that there are so many places out there to visit, why restrict yourself to places you’ve already been. Yes it’s great to re-live memories, but it’s also amazing to broaden your horizons and make new memories. There are so many books and so many stories out there, why waste what time you have re-reading when you can discover something new.
5. I’m a total perfectionist, but rarely consider anything I do to be perfect. I set incredibly high standards for myself (and others) and never really manage to achieve them. Despite being told I bake good cakes, sew good clothes, write good stories etc. I hardly ever believe it. I don’t know if it’s low self confidence or just a lust to strive harder – that or I’m just genuinely rubbish and people lie to me!
6. The fastest way to make me function is hand me a cup of tea. This applies not only first thing in the morning, but really throughout the day and even into the evening. That said I can be a complete nightmare to be around if I haven’t eaten at the right times throughout the day too. Sometimes I get so grumpy and the only thing that can fix it is sitting down to some decent nosh.
7. I genuinely believe I am a good mum. I don’t believe I am the best or even perfect, but I know my children are healthy, happy and being brought up well and that’s largely because of me. Despite struggling to ever see myself in a completely positive light, the one thing I will always be proud of is my children and the fact they are a genuine credit to me. It’s unlikely that I will ever earn huge amounts of money, become famous or even have a career to speak of, but I will eventually die happy knowing that I brought those beautiful girls into the world and made them the best versions of themselves that they could be.
Everyone who reads my blog know things like that fact I’m a huge Disney and Harry Potter fan, so I tried to make these facts something different. If you’re a reader of my blog and you’ve seen this, please feel free to take the award and place it on your blog. I’d also love to see your answers so please feel free to leave your link in the comments and I promise to read them all!