It’s now been a week since we started our DIY and I figured I would check in and let you know how it’s going!
We started off a week ago with a huge list of jobs we wanted to complete. There was at least three jobs remaining in every room, with as many as ten in other rooms. Right now our list is less than half this and I’m so pleased!
The attic room isn’t any different, but the stairs leading up to them are now painted, as is the walls to the side of the stairs. The girls room hasn’t changed at all either, but our room is finished, all bar the glossing of the door. The landing and stairs down are completed. The dining room has had it’s ceiling stripped and it’s walls painted, though I still need to gloss. The kitchen floor was done before we started this week, but the walls are now painted, as is the ceiling, a kitchen cupboard had been hung and fitted, while another around the boiler is being built. The boiler was a little rickety but did have Boiler Cover to it. The backdoor area is almost done, painted twice but needs another coat and the glossing needs doing too. The bathroom has been plastered, painted and glossed, with just a little bit left to complete. The lounge is untouched as yet (except the plastering that’s been mended) but there isn’t too much to do there. We have two more days of work left until we hope to be pretty much done so I will let you know next week how we’ve done!