I tend to find that when I make a wishlist, I babble on about what the things are I want and why I want them. The truth is, I want them because they’re pretty and because they’re Disney. However I’m trying to be really good with money right now and so I’m not buying anything. Some of these items appeared on my last wishlist post and some are new. It’s probably not even everything I’d like. However they are a combination of Beauty and the Beast items (my favourite) and Christmas decorations.
Yes I know, they’re Christmas ornaments and its early to think about Christmas but the Disney Store released their ornaments last week and I just had to make a collection of some of the pieces I’d like! To be truthful I tend to avoid wishlists these days as they only make me want to spend money, but these are the one treat I seem to give myself each year. That said, I missed quite a few I would have liked last year and I hope that won’t be the case this year.
So my top pick on this particular wishlist is Belle (no surprise) and Vanessa. These are two characters I have actually cosplayed as and my top pick when it comes to characters generally. There is a singing Belle ornament too but while I like the fountain scene, I think I prefer the simple Belle version. As for Vanessa, its so unusual to get anything Ursula even, let alone her so I need this!
The other ornaments are definitely all secondary wants. The rose however is probably top of those. Again, Beauty and the Beast themed, I have a love of all things rose themed too. As for the rest, they are to fill gaps in my character themes or just because I like them. We do have Ariel already, but not as a mermaid. We also don’t have anything UP, Chip and Dale, or Jaq and Gus (though we do have Cinderella). Chip and Dale have a special place in my heart right now as they remind me very much of my girls. Finally that leaves Tinker Bell and while I do think we have a Tink decoration already, I love this one especially. I’m pretty sure there is a similar Disney tradition ornament which I would love.
I think a few have disappeared off the Disney Store website already so I may have missed a few I like. In fact, there are a few from last year floating around on Ebay so I may even do a second wishlist with those included too.
I have to admit that I’m super excited about this week’s wishlist, because I’ve been working on it for absolutely ages! I don’t read half as much as I’d like to as I’m always busy sewing or blogging, but if I did, I would read ALL these books I have listed and many more. This week I wanted to show off some of the many Disney/Fairytale style books that I’ve come across over the last few months. Some I’d never heard of before and others being sequels to books I already own or have read.
Disney is one of my favourite topics ever but I love a good spin on it too. Nearly all of these books follow that idea and so hopefully if you’re the same, you’ll like the sound of a lot of these books.
Starting off with Poor Unfortunate Souls, this book has been on my wishlist for a while now. When we visited Florida last year I discovered Fairest of All and The Beast Within, both of which I regretted not buying. However for my birthday the following month, I was lucky enough to get bought both. This third book is about Ursula and honestly she is pretty much my Villain spirit animal. It’s not released yet but I would love to own this book and add it to my collection.
As Old as Time is a similar story, it’s pre-order and not released yet. However I’ve had my eye on Once Upon a Dream and A Whole New World (Chris just bought me this a few days ago) in hardback for a while (they just got released in paperback) and now spotted this Beauty and the Beast Twisted Tale coming out soon. I have yet to read any, but I plan to start AWNW this week!
The next couple of books, Unhooked and Never Never, are both Peter Pan/Hook themed books. They both appeal to me to read, though I’ve heard nothing about them other than reading the information on Amazon. There is one on the next line down called Wendy Darling (and its a Part 1 I believe) and this is the same sort of thing. They all just sound like good books. Finally on this line is a book called Fairest and its part of The Lunar Chronicles series. I currently own Cinder which is by the same author and while I haven’t read it yet, I’m told it’s really good.
On the middle line is a book called Once Again, its by the same as the Twisted Tales but I think it’s co-written. From what I can gather its two stories in one, Snow White and Sleeping Beauty. Since I mentioned Wendy Darling above, I’ll skip on to Kingdom Keepers. This is a series that I only recently discovered and have to admit I’m thoroughly enjoying. The first book, Kingdom Keepers: Disney After Dark, I actually bought for Megan for her birthday, but Lily and I ended up reading as a bedtime story. Once we’d finished, I moved onto Kingdom Keepers: Disney After Dawn. Since we only read one chapter a night, it does take quite some time to work our way through, however Lily was lucky enough to get bought the next 3-4 books for her birthday so we should have enough to keep us going for a while. This particular book I listed is a sort of spin-off series I believe, called Kingdom Keepers: The Return. Obviously we will be finishing our current series, before heading off into that one though.
Finally on the middle line is another book which I believe is co-written, by Riley Pearson (the author of The Kingdom Keepers) and Dave Barry. There are several books in this series too and again I haven’t read any of them, but given that they are by the author of The Kingdom Keepers, I would definitely give it a try.
Finally on the bottom row is a couple of cheeky additions. Return to the Isle of the Lost is a sequel book to The Isle of the Lost: A Descendants Novel. All I really know of the Descendants is the Disney movie that was on TV last year, which I watched with the kids, but I did buy this book for Lily and we haven’t got around to reading it yet. Given that the first book is good, then we’d probably want the sequel too! My next cheeky addition is actually Once Upon a Time (OUAT) related and though there were several to choose from, this one is my top pick. OUAT isn’t technically Disney but it’s pretty damn close so any book connected to the series is something I want to read.
Finally that leaves three books which I only found today as I was searching for last minute additions. I honestly know nothing about the three picks but the blurbs appealed so I threw them on. Disneylanders and The Disneyland Quest, remind me somewhat of the Kingdom Keepers style book. The last one, is Fairy Godmother themed and is part of a series, some of which Megan owns but hasn’t read yet (The Snow Queen and The Sleeping Beauty). The series is called Five Hundred Kingdoms and from what I can gather, all the books can be read independently.
So these are some of my treasure finds but I’d love to know if you have any other suggestions!
I may have forgotten to publish this yesterday (oops!)
So recently I’ve found myself looking at rings. And yes, I guess they could be looked at as engagement rings but they are also just pretty rings right? These are some beauties that I’ve picked out which are really spectacular and some that are much more affordable. No surprise that they are Disney themed!
Majority of these really nice rings are from places like Etsy or custom design jewellery websites. However some are from places like Hot Topic, Disney Couture and TruffleShuffle. Can you spot which ring is which character, in the case of Ursula, Maleficent, Ariel, Elsa, Rapunzel and the Evil Queen?
My favourite of them all is definitely the Ursula themed ring (black ones on the bottom line) as these are just so unusual. I love the idea of a black ring instead of something silver/gold. A shop called Lakewood Treasures on Etsy is definitely the place to check out if you have a fair bit of cash and want something really beautiful and unique. Other favourites come from Disney Engagement Ring, Gemvara and Razo’s Ring Shop.
While gold isn’t really my colour, I do love the Belle rose ring too but that’s more because I love anything Beauty and the Beast. I also used to own the Believe ring pictured, but sadly it wore down to the actual metal because I wore it so much!
What would be your dream ring, Disney or otherwise?
Today marks one month until my birthday and I thought I would celebrate by sharing a few bits and pieces I would love to receive! Over the next month you might see one or two more of these, as and when I find other things I like. However for now, these are my (off the) top (of my head) items.
It’s probably no great surprise, that everything on my list is Disney. That’s not to say it’s the only thing I like, but its one of the few I’m passionate enough to want to own or collect. Another amusing thing about my list is that it’s pretty much half villains and half Beauty and the Beast!
While I’m not going to explain each and every thing (the list is done on Polyvore so if you click on each item it will tell you where to get it from), I will explain some bits. For a start the Beauty and the Beast traditions ornaments. These Mrs Potts, Cogsworth and Lumiere are all new and I love them all. As you can tell, Beauty and the Beast is my favourite so I would love these to join my collection. The “Belle” necklace is because “Bel” is what I go by so I would actually love this for a duel reason and the cushion, makeup bags etc are just because I like them.
For the villains side, I would really love Regina to add to my Pop Funkos (but I’m pretty sure Lily knows this so fingers crossed this year), also I have the Evil Queen in small but I would like her in the regular size. There are loads of other Funkos I like though so its hard to pick. The Ursula cover book, is the third in a series that I have the other two of. The villains bag I’ve wanted for ages and the colouring book is pretty new and I haven’t spotted it before. Recently I treated myself to the QoH plush and I seriously regret not getting Ursula when she was in store – so connected to that is this old hag plush which I don’t think is technically Disney but I’d like her. Finally that leaves a book called Never Never that’s been on my wishlist for ages (but is still too expensive to buy myself) and some DVDs which I’m still missing from my collection.
I’ll be keeping an eye on other things over the next month so keep any eye out!
Amy posted her Disney Confessions Part One some time ago and I’ve been meaning to do mine ever since. I noticed that a few have appeared on my Twitter feed too so it’s reminded me to get it done. The idea is obviously to confess your feelings on popular (or unpopular) opinions when it comes to loves (and hates) of Disney. This is what I came up with.
- I really hate all the animal Disney movies. I’m sure it’s partly because I’m just not an animal fan anyway, but I find them all that bit duller than the movies with people characters.
- In connection to my above confession, I think Lion King is one of the most overrated Disney movies in existence. It’s a nice story but it’s definitely not worth the hype. That said the theatre/stage show is amazing. I also dislike Finding Nemo, though loved the show at Animal Kingdom.
- Still connected, I really wasn’t fussed with Animal Kingdom when we visited Florida last year and to be honest I nearly skipped the park altogether. Watching the girls meet Pocahontas was really the only highlight of the day for me, though I enjoyed Expedition Everest and again as mentioned above, I did like the Finding Nemo show.
- Though I tried to put it to one side when we visited WDW, I really have an issue with face characters at the parks. Its pretty much impossible to look like the animated people but I hate that they don’t. At least with the costume characters, they do look like their on-screen counterpart. I almost wish all the Princes and Princesses had the weird heads like Jake, Sofia etc. but that would probably be creepy.
- I have a slight issue with collecting, when it comes to anything Disney. On the whole, it doesn’t really matter what the product is, if Disney makes something you can collect – I want it. From Pandora/Chamilia charms, to Disney Traditions, to Pop Funkos, to Tsum Tsums. Sometimes its just safer for me not to start, otherwise I end up spending thousands. I think Megan and I worked out we’d spent almost £400 on Tsum Tsums to date!
- I hate that Disneyland Paris is half in English and half in French. I hope that doesn’t sound incredibly racist as I don’t mean it that way but English is such a universal language that I wish everything was in one language. It’s hard to understand some of the shows that have one line in English and then one in French.
- I wish Disney would stop making live action re-makes, but I have to admit I really enjoyed Cinderella, Jungle Book looks good and I actually can’t wait for Beauty and the Beast either. While I wish Disney would come up with new animated movies (even if Frozen was overdone, it was great – as was Inside Out, Zootropolis etc.) I do enjoy pretty much anything Disney throws out. Cinderella was a really great movie and I even loved Maleficent.
- I rarely watch Disney movies. To be honest, I rarely re-watch any movie so it’s really not that weird. However I tend to only reach for a Disney DVD, if one of the kids (usually Lily) suggests it, despite owning nearly all of them.
- I would rather champion a villain than a princess or princess any day. While my favourite movies are definitely those with people in, majority of the time I prefer the villains to the good guys. With the exception of Belle and Megara (though I adore Gaston and Hades), I pretty much always prefer the villain of the movie. Ursula, Maleficent, Jafar, Hook, etc. I would also rather cosplay as a villain over a princess any day.
What are your Disney Confessions?
As you may know, April on my blog was Disney Month! This was largely because I was spending 17 days of the month away on holiday, so Disneyfying my blog seemed like a good idea! While I was away, I had several Disney themed posts and on Instagram I did 30 days of Disney. Here is a round-up of everything you could have found on my blog during April.
Tags – Disney Tag, Harry Potter Tag (not Disney, but I visited the Wizarding World of Harry Potter too).
Guest Posts – Why Disney World makes an awesome honeymoon destination, 10 reasons Disney is not just for kids, Disneyland Paris: an autism friendly experience.
Weekly Round-ups – Week 14, Week 15 & 16.
Wishlists – Disney Pop Funko, Hot Topic.
Movie Review – Avengers: Age of Ultron
I didn’t get as much of my holiday re-capped as I would have liked, but keep an eye out during May and you’re sure to see it all. However, here is my Instagram round-up.
1. Cinderella Exhibition in London / 2. Mickey Mouse Electricity Pylon in Florida / 3. Disney Princess Plasters (Band-aids)
4. First Visit Badge from Disney World / 5. Maleficent from Festival of Fantasy Parade
6. Cinderella’s Royal Table Menu / 7. Disney World Magic Bands / 8. Wishes Fireworks Display in Magic Kingdom
9. Lefou’s Brew in Gaston’s Tavern / 10. Finding Nemo – The Musical at Animal Kingdom
11. IllumiNations Fireworks Display in Epcot / 12. “The Grey Stuff” at Be Our Guest dinner / 13. Ursula from The Voyage of the Little Mermaid
14. Meeting Woody and Jessie in Frontierland / 15. Be Our Guest Menu
16. Meeting Mr Incredible & Frozone at Hollywood Studios / 17. Souvenir mugs from our trip / 18. Periwinkle, Fawn and the Neverbeast toys
19. Tsum Tsum collection / 20. Once Upon a Time store at Downtown Disney
21. Meeting Tiana and Naveen in Liberty Square / 22. Akershus Royal Banquet Hall Menu / 23. Cinderella’s Castle in Magic Kingdom
24. Meeting Stitch in Tomorrowland / 25. Magic Kingdom’s Electric Parade
26. Lumiere from Enchanted Tales with Belle / 27. Meeting Merida in Fairytale Gardens / 28. Walt, Mickey, Lily and Megan
29. The Prince|Beast painting in Be Our Guest’s West Wing / 30. Meeting Pocahontas in Animal Kingdom
It’s been a fantastic month and I wouldn’t change a thing, but now that it’s over – it feels like life can begin again. May is the month when Spring really begins to show and it’s making me want to get on with the house and get things done. There’s nothing massively planned for the next few month’s and right now that’s definitely a good thing. I’m looking forward to normal for a little while now!
As the whole of April on my blog is “Disney Month”, today’s wishlist is Disney related – specifically Disney Pop Funko figures.
This is my current collection of Pop Funko figures. To be honest I never really considered buying them myself, but when Amy bought Belle and the Beast for Chris and I, it seemed wrong not to! For my birthday last year, a friend called Jon bought me both the large Maleficent and also the mini Maleficent and Evil Queen (I believe he made an error when ordering). After that Amy bought me Lumiere for Christmas and Chris got Judge Doom from her too. The girls also have Anna and Elsa but I don’t class them as part of my collection, since they’re upstairs in their room. Between Chris and I we do also have three other Pop Funko figures, but they aren’t Disney so I skipped them from this post!
Row A: From left to right, these figures are Cogsworth, Belle and Mrs Potts. As I already have Belle (in her yellow dress), the Beast and Lumiere, I’d love these three figures to complete the set. My favourite is probably the other Belle (in her blue dress) but I would really love them all.
Row B: Next up is Alice, the Cheshire Cat and the Mad Hatter. I was never really into Alice in Wonderland before but over the last few years I’ve developed a love for it (probably because both Lily and Chris like it). Wanting Alice is really because she just represents the Alice in Wonderland world as a whole, but the Cheshire Cat because he looks amazing and the Mad Hatter because he’s simply crazy!
Row C: For this row, it’s all princesses. As I have Belle already, it would be nice to have some of the others. Cinderella, Ariel and Snow White are fairly iconic princesses and would make a great start to my collection. There are a few others available like Merida and Jasmine, but these other three would be my first picks.
Row D: This row is Villains. Everyone who knows me, knows I like Disney Villains. These are just a few of the ones I like – Jafar, Captain Hook and Ursula. I also love King John, Scar and Cruella De Vil. They would all go perfectly with the Maleficent and Evil Queen I already have (and Judge Doom if you count Chris’) though I perhaps need a full size Evil Queen instead.
Row E: Final row is a bit of an assortment really – ones that don’t belong in a set or that I just don’t want the rest of. Tinkerbell, Boo and the Genie are just a few of the ones I’d like. In all honesty I would be happy with any Disney Pop Funko figure but there are plenty I would pick first, even before the others.
Do you have a favourite Disney Pop Funko figure?
So I’ve posted several times about my costume ideas for Comic Con and I then even picked a definite costume. However life was not to be that simple and I had to start all over again! This time though, I’m really hoping to have made an actual final decision. I’ve started to order bits and pieces here and there – I plan to make my own costume.
It will come as no surprise to you, that I wanted my costume to be Disney themed. When my original choice of Rapunzel was a bust, I went straight for my favourite princess (Belle) and my favourite villain (Ursula). I’ve always had a huge spot for Ursula from The Little Mermaid and as Amy is going to Comic Con as Ariel, Ursula seemed a great pick. However, despite the fact I’m overweight, I didn’t especially fancy going as a full blown octopus version of my favourite villain. Instead it occurred to me that I could go as Vanessa – her human version.
Now I’ve kept all this planning pretty secret, especially because my last idea was a disaster (and no I still don’t want to talk about it!). However at some point I had to make a final decision and now that I have, and the purchases are being made, I feel like I can share it all with you.
A few weeks back, I purchased a corset pattern and a skirt pattern. Both of which I hope to use (and adapt) in order to make my costume).
As soon as it arrived, I looked to see what I would need – purchasing little things like interfacing, a zip etc. I even scoured Etsy to find myself the perfect necklace. However it wasn’t until today that I actually purchased my material, taking plenty of time to make sure I was happy with the colours.
So this is it! The final decision has been made. When the material arrives I’ll have about 3 weeks to make my costume. I’m excited but also nervous – I’m really hoping to get help from my mum and maybe even Nat. I’m sure I’ll get it done but at the same time I just hope it looks good! Please keep your fingers crossed for me!